I got my start in fandom from anime. And I love it. But anime's not all there is to Japanese culture. Everything from sushi to lucky cats in store windows to the word "honcho" is borrowed from the land of the rising sun. Today, let's give our prompts a little Nippon flavor. That can mean a Japanese fandom, Japanese characters, or just a Japanese concept or word in the prompt. Interpret as liberally as you like.
As always, obey the rules:
- Three prompts per fandom, and no more than five total. If one of your prompts is filled, you may post another.
- No spoilers for new shows/seasons until at least one week after airing.
- If your fill contains spoilers, please warn for it and leave enough space for people to pass by.
Feed the overworked codemonkeys correctly formatted prompts:
- Leverage, team, "Let's go steal a tea ceremony."
- Hana Yori Dango, Rui, he still thought of her when he stepped onto the landing of a staircase
- Doctor Who/Angel, author's choice of Doctor(s)/Companion(s), karaoke night at Lorne's
If you don't see inspiration blooming like the cherry blossoms, take a walk through our Lonely Prompts and make a paper crane out of one of them instead.