Themes, tropes, plot devices. Our fandoms have them, our fics have them, and we're well aware of their presence in both. (Sometimes the characters are aware of them too!) It's when we acknowledge them, by hanging a lampshade on the tropes, by subverting or deconstructing them, or by openly discussing them, that we start getting like today's theme: meta-textual.
Guidelines are important.
- No more than five prompts in a row.
- No more than three prompts in the same fandom.
- No spoilers in prompts.
- If your fill contains spoilers, warn and leave plenty of space.
Fandom, Character+/Character, PromptYou see?
Fandom 1/Fandom 2, Character+/Character, Prompt
- Marvel comics, Deadpool, not this part of the internet again!
- Community/any, Abed+/any, "I'm the first character that comes to mind when people bring up meta these days. It's kinda my thing."
- Any fandom, any frequent damsel in distress, she rescues herself half the time, though when she does nobody seems to notice that she's been gone
Not feeling any of today’s prompts? Visit the lonely prompt archive and brighten someone’s day. For more recent prompts to write, you can also use LJ’s advanced search options to limit keyword results to only comments in this community.